Career & Internship Fair attendees, this is you:
- You furiously research employers in attendance, making sure to be prepared with information that’ll entice the ones you’re interested in.
- It’s time to get ready, so you furiously look through your closet for a business professional outfit that will make you stand out.
- Finally you find an ensemble that makes you look polished and feel confident.
- It’s time to go so you strut towards Baker Center like a boss.
- The nerves set in as you arrive and are startled to see the crowds of students waiting to get inside.
- You enter the ballroom, where what feels like thousands of employers have set up tables, and you frantically search for the ones you’re targeting.
- After several minutes of wandering around, you spot the name of an employer you’re interested in and set your sights on them.
- You walk up and introduce yourself with a firm handshake, resume in hand, ready to impress.
- For a while you repeat this process over and over with different employers until your face hurts from all the smiling and small talk.
- Your work there is done and you leave excited, knowing you’ve taken steps towards enhancing your future.
By Anna Seethaler, CLDC Social Media Intern