This one goes out to our graduating Seniors: our veteran students that have stuck with OU through thick in thin; Through taxing hikes up Jeff hill and blissful trips to Strouds; Through excruciatingly long waits in dining hall lines and Saturday morning outings to Bagel Street Deli; Through Sunday night cram sessions in Alden and Friday nights spent among great friends. You’ve done it all and have earned your right to call yourself an OU alum and a forever member of the Bobcat family.
As this chapter of your book comes to an end and you leave to embark on a new journey. it is time to reflect on the past four years. In preparation for commencement, take some time to answer the following questions to yourself, thinking about the wonderful experiences that OU has given you.
- Where were you freshman year and how have you grown since then? What do you think is the biggest change you’ve noticed in yourself?
- What is the biggest mistake you’ve made in your college career and what did you learn from it?
- What is the most significant experience you’ve had in these four years and how has it shaped who you are today?
- Is there anything that you wish you could go back and tell your freshman year self?
- What is your favorite memory that you’ve had here? Why is it your favorite?
- Who has impacted you the most in your personal life?
- Have you thanked or acknowledged all the peers/faculty members/programs that have pushed you forward and affected you positively?
- How do you think that OU will influence your future as you move into the real world?
Keep your answers to these questions in mind throughout Commencement and as you leave Athens and start your next chapter. Although you will no longer be enrolled here, remember…
You will always have a home in Ohio University.