By Delaney Swift, CLDC Social Media Intern
“Tell me about yourself.” “Why do you want to work for this company?” “What are your strengths and weaknesses?” All of these are questions you might expect to answer in an interview. But, you might not always be prepared for those not-so-normal interview questions that could arise.
Strange interview questions are not necessarily something you can always be prepared for. But, it is smart to know that they do come up sometimes. These types of questions are designed to tell employers different things. It could be to see how good you are on the spot. It could be to get a better grasp for your personality. It could be just because the employer is curious. The possibilities are endless. Nevertheless, you should know some weird interview questions people are being asked. Below is a list of 20 weird interview questions our staff and students have actually been asked.
- What is your spirit animal and why?
- What kind of breakfast cereal would you be?
- If you won a million dollars, what is the first thing you would spend it on?
- What flavor ice cream would you be and why?
- What part of a bicycle would you be and why?
- What would your personal mascot be and why?
- Why are manhole covers round?
- How many basketballs could you fit in this room?
- Please rank your career, family, and health and explain why. (This one should raise a red flag)
- If you were a pizza topping, what would you be and why?
- What is a question you wish we would have asked about in this interview?
- If you were a raindrop, where would you fall and why?
- Who is your favorite Disney Princess and why?
- Tell us about a time you took a risk and it didn’t turn out the way you expected.
- What is a unique quirk about you?
- If you could be a pirate or a ninja, which would you be?
- Do you prefer Bugs Bunny or Mickey Mouse?
- Do you prefer The Three Stooges or The Marx Brothers?
- Which house would you be in Harry Potter and why?
- Consider your life and the book of your life unfolding; what would be the title of the chapter you are currently in and writing?